2008 has come in to land with a bit of a bump – nothing serious, or so bad it overshadows the lovely christmas I had. But enough to stick in my mind. I’m noticing as I grow up that I’m shedding friends. I don’t like it. This new year is one example of that happening.
I moved away to Uni a good few years ago, but my parents and school friends are all still back in the Shire. I go back regularly, and until recently managed to meet up with people. But the last few months its getting harder and harder to still see people and I’m getting sick of fighting a losing battle. I’m tired of being left out, of feeling so cut off from them.
So I’m going to try and not worry. I’ve got some beautiful friends here in the Wich. I’m going to see the New Year in wth CBB and her fella, my baby sis and the ever fabulous D, as well as J and H. These are people I can rely on. I need to remember that.
So 2009, a new year, what plans have I?
I have a few new years resolutions –
- blogging more – I don’t do it anywhere near enough, so I need to make a concious effort.
- Write down everything I spend -in order to try and reign my spending in and help with the debt free wannabe stuff.
- Not buy anymore make up/smellies – I have sooo much here, I need to use it rather than let it go to waste and keep buying more, this should also help on the debt free wannabe front.
- Walk to work – nuff said!
- Lose weight – ditto!
- Drink more water – ditto ditto!
So here is to 2009 whatever it may bring, I am ready to kick its arse, and lets make it a year to remember!